TWO DOUGHS PANDORO
A classic leavened product of the Holidays
|DOLCE FORNO MAESTRO||g 6500|
|fresh yeast||g 36|
|unsalted butter 82% fat||g 1300|
- Start with DOLCE FORNO, brewer’s yeast and water.
- When the dough is formed, add the eggs in several steps until a smooth, well-formed glutinous mesh is formed.
- Finally, insert the butter twice and continue to knead until the dough is elastic and dry at a temperature of 26/28 ºC.
- Leave to rise at 30 ºC for 4,30 hours, or at least until it triples.
-It is advisable to make the "spy", putting 333 g of finished dough in a 1 liter jug to verify the effective triplication.
-If the temperature of the first dough should be above 28 ºC, it will be necessary to reduce the time of the first rising.
|unsalted butter 82% fat||g 3000|
|egg yolk||g 500|
|caster sugar||g 1000|
|BURRO DI CACAO||g 250|
|JOYPASTE VANIGLIA MADAGASCAR/BOURBON||g 150|
|candied orange paste||g 500|
- Mix the butter into a leaf mixer.
- Whiten the yolk with the sugar but do not whisk and add to the butter.
- Separately heat the cocoa butter to 50 ºC and add the honey, then add the flavourings and the orange paste.
- Mix and add to butter.
- Store at room temperature until use covered with a layer of film.
|DOLCE FORNO MAESTRO||g 4500|
|egg yolk||g 1000|
|caster sugar||g 500|
|egg yolk||g 1500|
- Add DOLE FORNO and yolk to the first dough (1) and start kneading.
- When the dough is well formed, add sugar and salt.
- Insert the remaining yolk (2) three times.
- Add the emulsion several times until the dough is smooth and dry.
- Check that the temperature of the dough is 26-28 ºC.
- Kneading time: 40/50 minutes in kneading machine.
- Do not let it rise and divide in the size of 1050 gr.
Roll tightly and place in the moulds previously buttered with butter.
- Place relative humidity of 70% at 21 ºC for about 15 hours or until the dome is at the edge.
- Do not prick the surface before cooking to avoid cracking the dome.
- Bake at 165 ºC for about 50 minutes.
- After baking, check with the help of a thermometer that the heart product has a temperature between 96/98 ºC.
- Let it cool in the moulds for about 2 hours and remove the moulds.
- Leave them to dry for 6 to 7 hours upside down and pack in moplefan bags.
How to Calculate the water temperature in the first dough:
This method is correct if you have a kneader with diving arms, if alternatively you have a spiral kneader, and keeping in mind that the same tends to heat the dough a lot, reduce the water temperature by at least 5 ºC.
In order to obtain the correct final temperature of the dough, let’s assume 26 to C, follow the diagram below.
It will be necessary to know and then measure 3 values:
1) the value of the ambient temperature
2) the temperature value of the Dolce Forno
3) the value defined in function of the mixer used (plunger 15, spiral or planetary mixer 20).
CALCULATION: Final Temperature 26 months C x 3 (fixed number) = 78 - value 1 (e.g. 20 years C) - value 2 (e.g. 18 years C) - value 3 (e.g. 15) = 78-20-18-15 = 25 which will be the temperature of the water in the first mixture using a dipper